24 Jun How To Choose The Right Optical Lenses For Your Eyes?
Selecting the right optical lenses not only protects your eyes but also gives you the sharpest and brightest vision. The majority of people are unconcerned when selecting lenses, which is the most typical mistake. It’s vital to think about your visual requirements and choose the finest option if you want to get the desired visual result.
Here are some tips that will help you choose the best optical lenses for your eyes:
Vision Correcting Lenses
- Single vision lenses: These lenses are specially designed to address vision problems including myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
- Bifocals and progressive lenses: Progressive and bifocal lenses are both used to correct presbyopia. The difference is that bifocals only help you see well far and close up, while progressive lenses adjust your vision at all distances.
- Computer glasses with an add-on, assist your vision concentration when going from one screen to another, such as from your desktop to your cell phone.
Eyes Protection Lenses
- Photochromic lenses are light-sensitive lenses that adjust to different light levels.
- Anti-glare lenses shield your eyes from strong light and are ideal for persons who spend a lot of time outside.
- Blue light protection glasses block harmful blue light emitted by the sun, televisions, computers, and cell phones.
- UV-protective glasses can block ultraviolet radiation which can cause serious damage to your eyes and vision
Vision Improvement Lenses
- (Anti-Reflection): Light reflection can be particularly troublesome in low-light conditions, such as when driving at night. “AR” coating eliminates these reflections from your glasses. It improves your vision, reduces eye strain, and makes your eyeglasses look more attractive.
- Anti-scratch lenses have a durable coating that helps protect your lenses from scratches.
- Anti-smudge lenses include a special coating that prevents fingerprints and smudges from sticking to your lenses.
- Anti-dust lenses include a coating that repels dirt and dust, keeping your lenses cleaner for longer.
- Water-repellent lenses let water easily flow off your lenses, preventing rain from obstructing your vision.
- Anti-fog lenses let you transition between hot and cold environments without having to worry about your lenses fogging up.
Whatever your requirements are, PRIVO can help you to improve your vision by providing high-quality optical lenses and treatments. PRIVO offers a variety of lenses that not only solve your vision needs but also provide you with the best vision acuity, day and night.
- Meister, D. J., & Fisher, S. W. (2008). Progress in the spectacle correction of presbyopia. Part 1: Design and development of progressive lenses. Clinical and experimental optometry, 91(3), 240-250.
- Glowacky, M. (2005). Find the right optical option. Quality, 44(5), 34.
- De Lestrange-Anginieur, E., &Kee, C. S.. (2021). Optical performance of progressive addition lenses (PALs) with astigmatic prescription. Scientific Reports, 11(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-82697-0